All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa.
Most of the nationalities are eligible to apply for e-Visa (visa on arrival is not possible). Go to the official Indian governmental website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html to apply for your visa.
- To find out whether you are eligible to apply for e-Visa, click on the respective button on the top left of the website.
- Persons holding eVisa will be allowed to enter into India and leave the country only through designated international airports one of which is Kolkata. A complete list of airports is available with the button “Authorized Immigration checkposts through which eVisa holders can travel”.
Avoid private visa services, they will probably charge you a higher fee.
The right visa type is e-Conference Visa (30 days, single entry).
Application is possible max. 120 days and min. 4 days in advance of the date of arrival.
Documents you need during the application process for e-Conference visa:
- Recent front facing photograph (biometric) with white background (max. 1 MB) and a size of 2 x 2 inch (51 x 51 mm).
- Photo page of your passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date (coloured scanned PDF, max. 300 KB), Note: The passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India and at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Invitation letter: After registering for the AGM you will receive a confirmation email with important information on your invitation letter. So, in order to receive the invitation letter, please register first (the registration will open at the end of February 2020) and follow the instructions given in the confirmation email.
View a sample form for Indian e-Visa here (available for tourist visa only, but it will still be of help when applying for e-Conference Visa): https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/images/SampleForm.pdf
E-Visa fee is country/Territory specific. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise the application will not be processed. To know the fee applicable on your Country/Territory please go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/images/eTV_revised_fee_final.pdf
Print the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and carry the copy along at the time of travel. Present ETA at the Immigration Check Post where the E-Visa will be stamped on your passport. Make sure that your passport is duly stamped before leaving the immigration counter, otherwise you will experience difficulties during departure!
International travellers should have a return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during their stay in India.
There are strict regulations for persons arriving in India from Yellow Fever endemic countries. For them a vaccination is mandatory, with only very few exceptions.
Here you can find information on all recommended vaccinations for travels to India.